Re: [Usability] Hiding Viewports

On 13 Feb 2002, Seth Nickell wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 09:34, John Sheehan wrote:
> >
> > The omission of viewports from the new Workspace List applet
> > is definitely a positive step to a more simple usable desktop.
> >
> > However there are still remnants of viewport functionality
> > via the Control Centre whereby users can create viewports
> > and allow access to them by edge flipping.
> >
> > In the current port of the Sawfish capplet, is there any
> > agreement that the two viewport options in the Control Centre
> > Workspace tabs be omitted i.e. don't cut out out Viewport
> > functionality from Sawfish, just don't allow it to be accessed.
>
> I don't know if it will be possible for this release, but we would
> really like to ditch all the Sawfish capplets. The generic "Window
		       ^^^

Which all? There is just one sawfish capplet, the menu entries are all
just different invocations of teh same capplet with different parameters.

> Properties" capplet is not finished though, so we may be stuck with
> sawfish capplets for one more release (oh well).

Why would desktop propeties (like say the number of workspaces) be set by
a capplet called window propeties? We are also very badly running into
beta with the introduction of new code if we introduce the new window
propeties capplet...

> -seth

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding