Re: gnomecc parallel installing?
- From: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- To: Richard Hestilow <tvgm ximian com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gnomecc parallel installing?
- Date: 11 Feb 2002 15:57:35 -0500
On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 15:46, Richard Hestilow wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 14:01, jacob berkman wrote:
> > h$prefixi,
> > is the control-center supposed to be paralle linstallable?
> I see no reason for it not to be. I'll try to fix this before the
> release today.
here are the guidelines i've been using (for applications. libraries
*must* be parallel installable):
1. is there any reason a user would need to run the gnome 1 version
and gnome 2 version other than gnome2 being broken?
gedit: no, they are functionally the same
bug-buddy: no, ditto
glade: yes. glade 2 cannot handle gtk 1 interfaces, glade 1 cannot
do gtk 2 interfaces.
ideally, the control center would be "no" here as well, if it exports
changes to gnome 1.
otherwise, it's confusing as to which app should be used, and why there
"In fact, can you imagine anything more terrifying than a zombie clown?"
] [Thread Prev