Re: Regressions in GNOME 2 vs 1.x

Gregory Merchan <merchan baton phys lsu edu> writes:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 05:28:43PM -0500, Alex Larsson wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> >
> > > Why not use the window hint for grouping?
> >
> > What hint would this be?
> >
> > / Alex
>
> The field window_group in the WM_HINTS property specified
> in section 4.1.2.4 of the ICCCM.

We've defined the group leader hint to mean "an application" -
i.e. all windows with the same group leader are in the same
application.

libwnck is broken right now and uses the client leader instead for
WnckApplication, though in practice the two leaders always define the
same thing, this was just a not-paying-attention bug on my part.

Anyhow, I believe the pager already uses WnckApplication for grouping...

Havoc