Desktop alpha 2: configure error in rep-gtk

Hi,

everything went very fine until it was very late. And as it must be then
I ran into trouble:

in rep-gtk the ./configure --prefix=/gnome2 --with-libglade
--with-gdk-pixbuf failed with this error message

./configure: line 1133: syntax error near unexpected token
`PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GLIB,'
./configure: line 1133: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GLIB, glib-2.0 >= 1.3)'

There are four occurences of the PKG_CHECK_MODULES macro in configure,
and all fail in similar manner. pkg-config is installed.
The packages up to this point in the build didn't seem to use this macro
in the configure script as far as I can see at this time of day (find,
grep).

Any help apppreciated
--

I did not vote for the Austrian government