gnome-terminal (or vte) likes to spin the CPU

I'm running Mandrake Cooker (yes, a full Cooker Frederic! :) with
gnome-termina-2.1.3 and vte-0.10.7. I have two terminals start up when I
start GNOME: a two-tabbed terminal on workspace 1 and a four-tabbed
terminal on workspace 3.

When GNOME starts up these apps are launched properly, but the CPU spins
at 100% until I switch between all the tabs on all the terminals
(sometimes it takes a couple cycles through all the tabs).

Anyone else seeing this? I didn't find any matches in Bugzilla for
gnome-terminal or vte, but it wouldn't be the first time I've missed
one.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org