Welcome to the UI and API/ABI freeze!

Hi everyone,

             Welcome to the GNOME 2.1.x UI and API/ABI freeze!

GNOME 2.1.x is now UI and API/ABI frozen for the lead up to our stable 2.2
release in January, 2003. The RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (!) are:

  - Any API/ABI change for desktop or platform modules must be confirmed by
    two members of the release team

  - Any UI change must be related to UI review or stability bugs, the very
    few exceptions must be confirmed by two members of the release team

The object of this process is not to slow you down - it is to crank up the
speed of bugfixing and stabilisation so we can all branch off and begin the
next GENERATION OF INNOVATION (!) sooner!

We will attempt to make this as "painless and efficient" as possible... :-)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
    "Basically my philosophy on release management is that it should be
                like police brutality." - Maciej Stachowiak