Re: patch for the "About GNOME" dialog box

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 22:56, Andy Tai wrote:
> Hi,
> The attached is a patch to gnome-about.c in libgnomeui
> for your consideration.  It adds a line "GNU Network
> Object Model Environment" to the "about GNOME" dialog
> box, as well as a hyperlink from the word "GNU" to
> www.gnu.org.  I think it is a good idea to show
> explicitly what "GNOME" stands for.

I thought it was generally considered that "GNOME" was really "Gnome"
and that the acronym was silently being consigned to the
"Really awful acronyms" chapter in the history books.

>  Right now no
> where is the full name of GNOME displayed and that can
> be confusing to the new user.  Tbis additional display
> also helps promoting the concept of Free Software.

How is it confusing to users?

As opposed to the confusion arising from seeing
"GNU Network Object Model Environment"
and thinking "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT????"

(Bear in mind, I'm in no way a 'new user'
 and I still think "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT????"
 whenever I'm presented with
 GNU Network Object Model Environment)

iain
--
<dobey> ^iain^: fuck you. don't ever fucking talk to me in any manner,
        direct or indirect, again.