Re: What shortcut is good for fullscreen mode

On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 12:49, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:
> For the moment different apps use different shortcuts for fullscreen,
> which I think is very bad. I would like to get some input about what to
> use so we can use it in GnomeMeeting
>
> Galeon				F11
Also used by Mozilla, and IE

> Xmms, Gnomemeeting, mplayer	Ctrl+F
Evo = forward message, Galeon, Mozilla = Find in page

> Windows apps			Alt+Enter
This is not right, Alt-enter only caused a dos prompt to become
fullscreen

IE uses F11

> Totem				F

No idea what Totem is

> And there are probably other applications using other keys.
>
> Most applications accept Esc to exit from fullscreen mode. I like this.

This is not quite right
Escape is also used to cancel operations.

--
Frank Belew <frb ximian com>