RE: who gets in and why, aka the GNOME Desktop inclusion criteria

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 09:32, Patrick Best-TM wrote:
> I've just contacted Juan, and he says that he will start working on a
> version 2, but will not promise a timeline.  Is there any intention to ship
> the 1.4 libraries to run in tandem with the v2 libraries for legacy app
> support?

No. This is the GNOME2 Desktop, not the GNOME2 + other stuff Desktop :)
Certainly, many distributors will continue to ship legacy app support
for etherape and other things (*cough*evo*cough ;)- but that's the
responsibility of the distributors, not GNOME.

Luis