Nautilus usability and nit-picks

In my quest to convert to a null-gui user, i am attempting to start using nautilus full time on my desktop. However while running it i ran into a few things that strike me as different-then-what-i -would-expect (Tm).

First of all, when i drag & drop a file (from window to window or window to desktop) it copies the file, instead of moving it.. This for me feels as very counter-intuitive (in real life when i move stuff around, it doesn't copy it self, but actualy 'moves' ;-) Also this is the type of behaviour Windows has made me to come to expect from a file manager.. drag&drop = move..

Secondly when i right-click on a folder (with files copy or cut) and select 'Paste Files', it pastes it to the root, and not into the folder i right clicked! Again i have come to expect that this would mean 'Past the files into the folder i selected' and not 'paste it into the current window'

(These two combined have already caused some messing up on my desktop)

Also, when you try to double a file that hasn't been associated with an application yet, it will ask you if you want to do so now.. Then when you do (forinstance in my case, associate a .php file with gedit) it doesn't open the .php file when you ok'd the association.. (ie: you have to double click it again). This also feels counter-intuitive and counter-pre-learned

Lastly, but thats just a nit-pick, it seems odd that the menu reads 'Cut File' (or files with multiple selected) instead of just 'Cut'. First of all a user might not have a 'file' reference.. its his 'document' right? Secondly, it's different from that i'm used to (in windows, etc you always 'cut' whatever you selected.. be it text, files or whatever). Lastly it gets to be confusing when i select folders and files.. cut files.. does that include the folders i selected?! I apreciate the 'wordy user friendlyness' attempted, but it has only served to confuse me in that case)

On a positive note.. nautilus realy has sped up a lot.. looks very good (i like the (null) bluecurve default look a lot better then the default gnome look), and is very usable.. it realy is starting to feel 'right'.

   -- Chris

(Note: sending to both gnome and redhat lists, since it feels apropiate for both. Experiances are based on redhat's latest beta (null) with nautilus 2.0.4)