Re: pkg-config question

Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas apestaart org> writes:
> -L /home/thomas/cvs/lib -lgstreamer -L/home/thomas/garnome/lib -lglib-2.0
> -lxml2 ...

I think I used to not rearrange, intending to get the effect you
mention, but it turns out that the order of these flags doesn't
matter. From the "ld" info page, note the last sentence:

 `-LSEARCHDIR'
 `--library-path=SEARCHDIR'
     Add path SEARCHDIR to the list of paths that `ld' will search for
     archive libraries and `ld' control scripts.  You may use this
     option any number of times.  The directories are searched in the
     order in which they are specified on the command line.
     Directories specified on the command line are searched before the
     default directories.  All `-L' options apply to all `-l' options,
     regardless of the order in which the options appear.

So if I understand your question correctly, the answer is "what
pkg-config does will not make any difference."

Havoc