Re: .desktop -> bugzilla

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 23:11, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > > or, should i just go through freedesktop.org first and skip the
> > > X-GNOME stuff?
> >
> > I wouldn't personally bother with RFE/freedesktop for this, it
> > seems GNOME-bugzilla-specific or something.
>
> KDE doesn't use bugzilla? It'd be nice if when KDE apps crash we can
> report bugs on them, and vice versa....

No, we use Debian bug tracking system. All KDE native apps have by
default an option in the Help menu that lets users submit bug reports.
Going back to your question, I'm not sure how BugBuddy code looks like,
but it shouldn't be all that hard to add that functionality. All our
reports go through a web wizard designed by Martijn Klingens, so you'd
just have to open the default html handler with a specific query. You
couldn't do it all from BugBuddy (unless you'd embed a bonobo control,
like GtkHtml2 [by the way, I'm sorry if that's not your native html
handling control] within it).

Zack Rusin

--
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
rearranging their prejudices. -- William James