Re: .desktop -> bugzilla

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 13:43, jacob berkman wrote:
> i'd like to propose the addition of 2 fields to our .desktop files:
>
>     X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product
>     X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component
>
> this would allow bug-buddy to just display a list of apps to the user,
> rather than the 2-tiered (and more confusing) approach it does now.
>
> also, this would allow a nice appname -> component map for guessing the
> component for crashes.

ok, i (finally) have support in bug-buddy HEAD for this.

luis and i can go through CVS and add these fields to all the .desktop
files (and anyone else who wants to).

does this sound ok, or do i need to do an RFE for this?

or, should i just go through freedesktop.org first and skip the X-GNOME
stuff?

jacob
--
in the future we're all going to regret this period in music where our
tastes were determined by 11 year old girls and wrestling fans.