Re: libgailutil.so.16 -> libgailutil.so.17

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 23:47, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> As an aside, I've noticed that lots of modules' configure.in have a
> habit of forcing the latest version of a library that was available
> when the tarball was rolled;

	A bad practice in general but frequently necessary for all manner of
reasons, cross-module bugs for example. eg. I'd like to force the latest
nautilus to depend on the latest gnome-vfs, so that I know that if
people file performance bug reports vs. nautilus-x.y.z they are not
using an old, slow gnome-vfs wherein lies the problem.

	But yes - simply requiring the latest stuff for the sake of it is daft.

	Regards,

		Michael.