Re: automake transition

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
> This involves a lot of trivial autogen.sh changes, of the
> s/automake/automake-1.4/ variety.
>
> My proposed plan:
>
>  - We wait for the new automake 1.4 release
>  - I commit my autogen.sh changes to all modules at once
>    (including libxml2, gtk+, etc.)
>  - We remove the "automake" and "aclocal" executables from the
>    tinderbox machines and install only -1.4 and -1.6;
>    it's a bug to refer to unspecified "automake"
>  - Modules on the 2.1.x branch can move to 1.6 any time they
>    feel like it by changing their autogen.sh script
>  - we change gnome-autogen.sh to 1.6 on the 2.1.x branch as soon as
>    someone makes sure it works

My machine with these autogen.sh changes has been off the net for a
week or two, but is supposed to get reconnected tomorrow.

The new automake 1.4 is out; so I'm planning to go ahead and commit
sometime this week if I get a chance. At that point, if you don't have
the latest automake 1.4 release, you won't be able to build.  So, get
the latest automake.

If there are objections to committing the autogen changes, please
raise them really quickly.

Havoc