Re: [Usability]Re: Nautilus tree sidebar / location field

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 22:48, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

> > people can browse the web with nautilus if they want, using the galeon
> > view.
>
> But whether or not inline views are a Good Thing(TM) is quite another
> discussion. I suggest you read the comments at
> http://www.gnomedesktop.org/pollBooth.php?op=results&pollID=9 for more
> insights about that.

I never said *I* want to browse the web with inline browser inside
nautilus. I rather use Mozilla for it because it has a lot better UI
more fitting for web browsing and nice bookmarks stuff and whatnot. I
agree with you that the filemanager is probably better off staying as a
filemanager and you can use a real web browser for web.

Although those things are more and more merging together, people have
all those file sharing apps, webDAV (iDisk) folders, etc. Things are a
lot more networked than they used to be, so in that sense one starts to
wonder how much sense it makes to separate "local disk" from other file
access methods.. But that is a whole new matter and I better sleep
instead of going into that :-)

Night,

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::