Re: Current network-password-saving feature needs improvement.

tor 2002-08-01 klockan 21.31 skrev ERDI Gergo:
> Hi,

Hi!

> While reading the Sun security report (which is great to have, btw), I had
> this idea of a low-tech, localized (i.e. it doesn't require rewriting code
> in lots of places) solution, which is to modify GConf to support
> memory-only keys. That is, a special schema flag would make GConf not save
> a key's value to disk. So when you use the first app that wants your HTTP
> proxy password (or any other password), you type it in, the app sets the
> GConf key, and gconfd remembers it so other apps can access it -- but only
> until you log out.

Other than GConf having the possibility to store passwords (in a
Key/Value-sort-of-way), why should passwords be stored in GConf in the
first place?

I think it's kinda backwards to change GConf in order to store something
it wasn't meant for in it.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/