Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

Le mar 30/04/2002 à 18:11, Alex Larsson a écrit :
> On 30 Apr 2002, Damien Sandras wrote:
> >
> > I could do a bug report and I'll perhaps do one though. On my Gnome2
> > installation, it is impossible to add any applet to a panel running the
> > tasklist applet, because even if only one application is running, the
> > only thing that I obtain by rigth-clicking on the panel is the tasklist
> > menu. I have no other choice than to remove the tasklist, add my applet
> > or button, and add the tasklist again... I guess that having the options
> > here above would have solved that problem.
>
> I though I fixed that. Are you running an old version of libwnck and the
> panel?

I did a CVS update this morning, and I noticed that this bug really
disappeared.

> This is exactly the sort of thing we should *not* do. Instead of adding 11
> hard to understand options that totally limit the way we can do the
> tasklist layout we should FIX THE BUG.

I agree with you on that point.

> > Another problem (of the WM or of the tasklist applet) is that the
> > tasklist applet always displays *all* applications. Even if you specify
> > to not show some application in the tasklist, it is shown. I don't know
> > if it is a sawfish or a tasklist applet problem, but I miss this feature
> > for applications like gkrellm.
>
> Hmmm. It works for me. Very strange.

Does it work for you with Gkrellm and sawfish?
Even after my CVS rebuild, the problem remains. On another note, it is
impossible to switch to another workspace than the first one if no
application is running on the first one. It only happens on my main
workstation but not on the laptop. I have such weird things ;)

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/