Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences] (fwd)

> I could do a bug report and I'll perhaps do one though. On my Gnome2
> installation, it is impossible to add any applet to a panel running the
> tasklist applet, because even if only one application is running, the
> only thing that I obtain by rigth-clicking on the panel is the tasklist
> menu. I have no other choice than to remove the tasklist, add my applet
> or button, and add the tasklist again... I guess that having the options
> here above would have solved that problem.

I'm having similar issues.  The root issue here is that when you have an
auto-shrinking panel (like a sliding panel), it doesn't leave any
superfluous space left over to mouseclick to actually context-click the
panel, and not some applet in the panel.  I just kept the hide buttons on
the panel (which make it look ugly) to be able to get context for the
panel.

If I followed some of the improvements in gnome2, this should be easy to
solve - we could just have the panel menu be added to any applet context
menu, no ? If someone kicks my ass in the right direction versus the
source code I'm willing to patch that up.

> Another problem (of the WM or of the tasklist applet) is that the
> tasklist applet always displays *all* applications. Even if you specify
> to not show some application in the tasklist, it is shown. I don't know
> if it is a sawfish or a tasklist applet problem, but I miss this feature
> for applications like gkrellm.

On another note, I just installed beta4 through garnome 0.9.1 (with an
*excellent* splash screen, I'll probably keep it around ;)) and I have the
reverse of Damien : not one of my windows shows up in the tasklist applet.
Really annoying, it hurts my work ;) Any ideas anyone ?

Thomas

"Would you like my advice ?"
"That depends.  Will I like it ?"
"Of course you won't ! My advice is based on reality !"
<-*- thomas apestaart org -*->