Re: A few questions about GNOME2

Hi Calum,

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Calum Benson wrote:

> However, Uri has a point in that even instant-apply dialogs ought to
> exhibit some sort of standard Reset and/or Undo and/or Defaults
> functionality.  Unfortunately we've never really agreed on which of
> those it should be, so currently we have nothing :/

My gut feeling tells me that a capplet should have the functionality to
reset the settings to what they were when the capplet was opened.

Eventually there should be a way to archive all settings of the entire
GNOME desktop, thus creating the ability to switch "back in time". There
could be one default backup containing the "factory default" settings but
the user may create as many as he wants.

How about this?

--

Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778