Re: Display option in multiscreen (session management)
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- Cc: JAYARAJ P R <jayaraj rajappan wipro com>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Display option in multiscreen (session management)
- Date: 29 Apr 2002 15:40:32 -0400
jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> from reading the smlib docs, i got the impression that the session
> manager shouldn't be doing anything to the data.
> the client needs to be doing _all_ of this - if it was started remotely
> it needs to tell the SM how to restart it remotely. if it used a
> different screen, it needs to tell the SM how to restart it on a
> different screen.
> if gnome-session starts munging environment variables and command lines,
> then the solution needs to be re-thought out, because we will break
> other apps and won't work with other session managers.
I don't see how we can do it entirely in the application, without
forcing sessions to be specific to a particular machine.
] [Thread Prev