Re: If you're posting release notes to announce-list gnome org...

On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 20:27, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If you're keen enough to post information about your 2.0 tarball releases to
> the announcements list (ie. the entire planet), *please* include:
>
>   - a summary of what the module does
>
>   - a fairly obvious note that it is for testing and use with the GNOME 2.0
>     Desktop release, and not appropriate for use with stable 1.x
>     installations
>
>   - an http link to ftp.gnome.org rather than an ftp link (this reduces load
>     on our favourite Swedish GNOME infrastructure)

And, in case you haven't tried it yet, the New and Improved software map
on www.gnome.org does most of this for you.  When you create a new
release, it fills most of this in to the template, and mails it to
gnome-announce.  So, go forth and use the software map, and be merry!
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.