Re: Getting serious about releasing

Hey!

I was thinking who you where, and then it just hit me :)

John, can those GUI options become available in a separate package?
Or else, is there a document detailing all config options in a non gui
way (rather than having to read sawfish's source all the time? :))

Either's fine by me.

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 02:50, John Harper wrote:
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra writes:
> |Now, first of all, I agree that we can have a simpler window manager for
> |less experienced users (I think that sawfish in novice mode is quite
> |enough, but I don't have anything against having two choices) and
> |metacity does that job well. However, there's no need to cripple
> |sawfish.
> Just about all the options (except the most bizarre) are still there,
> but they're not exposed through the user interface any more.

ok

> |Two things I consider very bad decisions:
> |  - removal of different levels of configuration
> user-levels didn't really work, one had to enable the higher levels to
> make common changes. (This couldn't be solved just by moving options
> around.)

BTW, why?

> |  - removal of viewports.
> they're not removed, just hidden from view. You can do:
> (setq viewport-dimensions '(6 . 1))
> (setq customize-command-classes '(default viewport))

Okay, then may I ask why?
Viewports present a better behaviour than workspaces (* in sawfish at
least *). You could always remove workspaces, and rename viewports to
workspaces, right?

> to set your desktop to 6x1 and put the viewport commands back into the
> bindings panel.
> (though I may change customize-command-classes to something shorter)

erms... like I said, is there a document explaining that?

Hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?