Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 Support

Alright,

This needs to be addressed.  Sharp has produced and recently released one of
best PDA's on the market.  And guess what!? It uses Linux as it's O.S.

While Sharp is willing to produce a wonderful, yet powerful PDA that not
only broadens the number of platforms Linux is availiable on, but also
provide great documentation for Developers.. I find it a bit odd that both
of the Major desktops (GNOME & KDE) fully support the 3Com Palm Pilot, yet
have absolutely no support for the Sharp Zaurus SL-5x00 series even though
developer units have been availiable for almost 6 months now!

I use Gnome daily as my desktop.  I would love to see Zaurus support and
Integration (on the level of what the Palm Pilot has).  I would hope we can
capatalize on this great PDA, and show other companies that when they
support the Open Source community, great things can happen.  I would hate to
see the Zaurus die a slow and painful death due to lack of support.

Lets help the Zaurus out.  Any takers?

Gene Ruebsamen
Sales Associate
ERA Champion Realty, Inc.