Re: bonoboui changes break nautilus

murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming) writes:

> Could somebody please go ahead with this revert? I'm not enough of a cvs
> expert and I don't want to compound this by getting that wrong too.
>
> I'll investigate what Nautilus (and apparently libgnomeprintui) are
> doing and provide patches for them.

I believe the code in nautilus that didn't work was:

	/* CORBA and Bonobo setup, which must be done before the location bar setup */
	window->details->ui_container = bonobo_ui_container_new ();
	bonobo_ui_container_set_engine (window->details->ui_container,
					bonobo_window_get_ui_engine (BONOBO_WINDOW (window)));

I certainly hope that there was just a bug in the implementation and your
API changes didn't break doing that...

> Sorry, nobody knew that this would happen, and we can't rebuild all of
> GNOME for every little patch.

Actually, I think it's not an unreasonable expectation to try rebuilding
and running Nautlus for any not-completely-trivial change in Bonobo :-).
(Rebuilding wasn't even necessary to demonstrate this problem, just running
Nautilus.)

Regards,
                                        Owen