Gnome-Media 1.520.2 released for Gnome 2.

Following the trend of minor programs[1] making important sounding press
releases[2], we at the Gnome Media Project proudly present The Gnome
Media Media Related Utilities Package (TGMMRUP) 1.520.2 ("And Miss
Celine Dion sings love songs while our cities burn").

DATELINE APRIL 17, 2002

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Gnome-Media Project Releases a New Version of the Gnome Media Media
Related Utilities Package.

April 17, 2002 (The INTERNET). The Gnome Media project (consisting of
Iain, a few voices inside his head, and some other cool people) is
pleased to announce its umpteenth version of the increasingly popular
Gnome Media Media Related Utilites Package for the second generation
GNOME Desktop Environment. Gnome Media is a collection of bits and bobs
that do stuff with media.

"Well, I think that we managed to conceptualise the synergy of the
various forms of communication and lots of other stuff we found lying
around and increased the speed of work." said Iain, some random guy who
somehow ended up with task of maintaining this collection of "Media
Utilities". "It is, to be blunt a whole new paradigm for the way people
will view media. Well, listen to media, because we haven't got anything
overly visual yet."

Bob, a voice inside Iain's head, commented, "The Gnome Media Media
Related Utilities Package has evolved into something I could never have
imagined. Like an application that controls the translation of digital
data stored on small, flat round discs called Compact Discs into audio
signal. Quite frankly I feel that we have outdone all of the previous
attemps to create such an application."

"I think, that we, the Gnome Media Media Project team, have finally made
a release that we can be proud to put on an FTP server somewhere.", said
Janice, another of the myriad voices in Iain's head. "I am hopeful that
this release will attract more contributors to find and fix bugs, add
new features that we can't be bothered to do ourselves and expand The
Gnome Media Media Related Utilities Package into a larger project which
is more visible by Unix users."

Shortly after making this comment, Janice was slapped by Bob.

"The Gnome Media Media Related Utilities Package is possibly the best
thing I have ever used," said a random person called Alex. "I think the
way in which it has been written is a classic, and should go down in
history along with that Knuth guys work. Classics. I especially love the
way the buttons have been aligned with each other in Gnome-CD. That just
screams "STYLE" at you."

Gnome Media Media Related Utilities Package 1.520.2 - Codenamed "And
Miss Celine Dion sings love songs while our cities burn."

Gnome-CD: Since the last release, 1.236.117 or something like that (see,
even Iain can't remember the version numbers), Gnome-CD has come on in
leaps and bounds. Iain contributed a very nicely laid out widget that we
like to call a "volume control", and Theo made the FreeBSD
implementation for it.

The theme selection is now instant apply, so when you click on a theme
name, the theme changes. This code was courtesy of Iain.

Thankyou to Tigert who made a new icon for the eject button.

Gnome-Volume-Control: Again, this application has gone from strength to
strength in this wonderfully wonderful release. Courtesy of Diego
Gonzalez it now works if your OSS card name has spaces in it.

And Iain kindly gave us the code to make the Volume Control be shrunk.
Now you can have it only display the Main volume and CD volume, if you
prefer, or, if you don't any other combination.

Gnome-Sound-Recorder: Some marvelous people fixed some evil evil bugs
and made this great program even greater.

CDDBSlave2: Our amazing maintainer, Iain, made the track editor actually
work, so now we can all change the names of the tracks on other peoples
CDs so that they have no clue what they're listening to. I suggest
changing Aaron Carter to Slipknot, so when your Slipknot loving friend
goes to listen to his favourite CD, he'll find the sweet pop soundings
of the lovable Aaron. If that doesn't stop him/her wearing black, then
nothing will.

There would have been a website, but someone forgot the password. Doh.
That website would have had screenshots, but thems the way the apples
crumble.

Download The Gnome Media Media Related Utilities Package from
ftp.gnome.org or its nearest mirros.

PR release written by Iain of the Gnome Media Project.
(Miss Celine Dion is a trademark of the Sony Corporation of Canada)

Peace, love and harmony[3]
iain

[1] See http://www.kdedevelopers.net/kopete/
[2] See http://www.kdedevelopers.net/kopete/announce-0_3.html
[3] Very nice, very nice, very nice, very nice, but maybe in the next
world, maybe in the next world.

--
"I think what we don't need is this worldwide apathy where people wait
for a leader. It shouldn't be like that, especially after Spetember 11.