usability testing irc sessions

Greetings all,

As I discussed with a few of you at GUADEC, I would like to run a set of
irc sessions designed to help hackers (and users) develop and run
usability tests for GNOME software.

I would like to hold the first of these this week, from 8-9pm GMT on
Thursday in #testing on irc.gnome.org. I envision this session focusing
on writing tasks. (For those of you new to usability testing, tasks are
the operations that you ask your test subject to complete during a
usability test.)

My plan is this: I will spend the hour developing tasks for the file
selector, and helping anyone else who joins the channel to write tasks
for whatever software they want to test. No experience is necessary,
only enthusiasm.

So, please join me.
-Anna