Re: [g-a-devel]hard coded font sizes

jacob berkman wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 15:03, Bill Haneman wrote:
> > jacob berkman wrote:
> > >
> > > in the fix for bug #78001, it uses hard coded font sizes.
> > >
> > > for a11y reasons, this is frowned upon, right?  and we should be using
> > >
> > > or is there a way of saying "give me this font, but bigger" to pango?
> >
> > There is markup for <smaller> and <larger>, which is what I think
> > you would want to use if you were passing explicit markup to pango.
> > I am not sure 'size="foo"' will give you a relative size, you might
> > ask owen or do some poking in the code.
>
> bug-buddy and GnomeDruid use 'size="xx-large"' in the markup and it
> indeed works well.  sorry i didn't say what i meant by foo.

"foo" didn't confuse me, but I am surprised if "xx-large" gives
you a true relative size, I wouldn't expect it to.  Do you mean
to say that "large" will be different sizes depending on your
gtkrc theme?

If not, "xx-large" is still considered hard-coding of the size,
you should use only "smaller" and/or "larger".

-Bill