Re: [g-a-devel]Clarification needed on gsearchtool.

Narayana Pattipati wrote:

> Can we follow MS Windows and have 'Esc' to stop the search.??

Good question, we don't have a guideline on this just now.  I think Esc
would probably be okay to use as a shortcut for 'Stop', as 'Stop'
shouldn't normally close the window, therefore the user shouldn't be
left in any doubt as to what has happened.  (Unlike 'Close', which is
one of the reasons we recommend Esc shouldn't be used for 'Close').

Any other views on this?  Nils, Seth?

> I feel it is easier for the user to press Enter/Return to start the search,
> once he/she finishes typing-in the values. Can we provide this.??

Yes, this sounds good.  This should ideally be done by making 'Find' the
default button on each tab of the dialog.

Cheeri,
Calum.