Re: Control-center styles

<quote who="Chris Lyttle">

> On Fri, 2001-12-28 at 18:11, Nicholas Curran wrote:
> >
> > Imagine having a hard time controlling your mouse (because your new to
> > computers or your mouse has a ton of dust in it).  You want to dismiss a
> > dialog.  You have a choice: the dialog frame's close button, or the "OK"
> > button.
> >
> Get a new mouse, this isn't an argument for having to have on either it
> takes no more motor control skills to click a close button than a close
> in the window frame

But consider your response to this argument:

  "Imagine not having full use of your hands or arms, able to control the
  interface only through voice, chin-pointer, or keyboard."

The real answer is that this requires window manager coordination, and
standardised keys for closing windows. Both of which are welcome and
sensible, despite the discussion about the dialogues.

- Jeff

--
   "It's actually my new bandwidth conservation technique: compresion of
                     al double leters." - Telsa Gwynne