Re: Global Proxy Settings

On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 19:44, James M. Cape wrote:
> Hi all,

GConf keys I settled on:

        bool: /system/proxy/use_proxy
string(enum): /system/proxy/type
              ("HTTP" | "WinGate" | "SOCKS4" | "SOCSK5") --
              gleblanc suggested also including a CPIP proxy option :-)
      string: /system/proxy/address
         int: /system/proxy/port
        bool: /system/proxy/use_auth
      string: /system/proxy/username
      string: /system/proxy/passwd

Schema:
Currently installed by libgtcpsocket, really belongs in libgnome, but
not all that important for now.

linc being used in libgtcpsocket:
Promising in the future, but too restrictive to do what I want at the
moment.

GUI Configurator:
Done. http://jimbob.myip.org/software/gnomeproxysettings-1.0.tar.gz
(Admittedly the UI is non-standard, but we're not quite ready for GNOME2
primetime anyways, and I'm the one that's coding this :-). I will change
it when the HIG includes layout recommendations, obviously. --
Personally, though, I would prefer if the HIG (for GNOME 3.0)
recommended the style shown in the above configurator -- and GTK+ 2.2
had some appearance of direct support for it -- Anyways, enough useless
musings, kill my connection and rant away about the configurator UI
:-).)

    Jim Cape
    http://www.ignore-your.tv

    "No cause, no God, no abstract idea can justify the mass
     slaughter of innocents."
        -- Edward Said