Re: [Deskbar] deskbar 2.16 to depend on gtk+-2.10?

2006/5/9, Raphael Slinckx <raphael slinckx net>:
On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 11:58 +0200, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> I was just hacking on the cuemiac refactoring, while building gtk
> +-2.10 in the background...
>
> The gtk-treeview has gotten a face lift in gtk+- 2.10. This enables it
> to do "grouping" "natively". You can see this by running gtk
> +/tests/testgrouping (see http://grillbar.org/tmp/testgrouping.png ).
>
> Anyways. Should we take advantage of this or stick with the old
> approach allowing gtk 2.8 users to use deskbar?

If gnome 2.16 is going to depend on gtk 2.10 i'm all for it.
If not, let's stick with 2.8

I believe G16 is going to depend on gtk 2.10, but I'm not sure. Ofcourse, if it's not, we will stick with gtk 2.8.

Assuming that we will have 2.10 available, I think I'll look a bit into it, if it seems we'll save lots of (complex) code with the new treeview features, we should prolly go with it, if we only save little, we'll stick with the current setup.

Cheers,
Mikkel