Re: [Deskbar] Handler preferences

2006/8/3, Jaime Frutos Morales <acidborg gmail com>:
Hi, I'm new to this list.

I'm developing some handlers for deskbar-applet like the Spanish
dictionary handler [1]. When I'm writting a handler, I sometimes need
the user to set some minimum preferences, but I don't know if
deskbar-applet allow handlers to have their own preferences.

I haven't seen any handler with its own preferences, so I wonder if it
is possible to show a dialog where handlers are choosen to set the
handler's preferences.

There are a few. Some just pop up dialogs, but some also have their own prefs. The GMail handler fx. have its own prefs stored in gconf. Others fx. beagle-live pops up a dialog if beagled isn't running. Google-live checks for some specific files and pops up a dialog if they are not found.

When I say "pops up a dialog", I mean that the "More..." button in the handler list becomes available, and clicking that, pops up the dialog.

Cheers,
Mikkel