[Deskbar] Deskbar 2.16 Roadmap

Hi deskbar lovers !

It's been a long time since the last post on this mailing list,
unfortunately i had very little time for the project these last days,
and so i seems for the other people involved in deskbar.

Easter holidays are coming and it's time to think about our future,
namely deskbar 2.16

I created a live.gnome.org page containing a starting point for the 2.16
template, with the ideas i had on top of my head, i might have missed
critical things too.

Please take a look at it, and fill in the missing problems !

http://live.gnome.org/DeskbarApplet/RoadMap216

I would like to get people involved in deskbar, all of you who are
lurking on this mailing list, if there is something on that page you
want to do, or you are unsure what you can do, or wan to contribute in
some ways, it's a good time now we have a full cycle ahead of us !

I would also need someone for maintaining the 2.14 branch (backporting
important fixes and making releases during the 2.16 cycle for the 2.14
package), and possibly again for the 2.16/2.18 cycle. I won't be able to
do this myself, alone.

I apologize to all the people who posted various handlers on this
mailing list during the past month, i haven't had time to look at them
yet, and there were some really good stuff i want to include in deskbar
itself. Other handlers should be packaged with their respective
applications after a review, and a third category should be downloadable
from some kind of repository i'd like to create.

As you can see there is lot of stuff to do, and relatively little time
(for 1 or 2 people) to do it. WE NEED YOU !

I think the top 3 issues to be resolved are (in order preferably):
* Fix important bugs in bugzilla and backport them in 2.14 (easier as we
don't have mangled the code yet)
* Refactor the UI for cuemiac, and remove completion ui in 2.16
* Implement keyboard shortcuts as explained more or less in the site.

Have a good sunday !
Raf