[Deskbar] Does deskbar break pygtk?

Hmmm...

I have two boxes, one at uni one at home, I have done deskbar
development on both. Both have broken pygtk's in the following way:

mikkel kritterbeast:~$ python -c "import gtk"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line
37, in ?
    from _gtk import *
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'CAPI'

They cannpt run any pygtk programs...

If I create a new user account "test" pygtk works happily as usual. What
strikes me is that it's exactly the accounts that have developed deskbar
stuff that is broken... :-S

Maybe this is just the nemesis of my development abstention... Scary.

Do you guys have any idea on what's causing this?

Cheers
Mikkel

PS: I'm running a 5 minutes old Ubuntu Breezy install here.