Re: [Deja-dup-hackers] [Deja-dup-team] how to compile after making a chnge to a .vala file?

(I'm redirecting this email from deja-dup-team to deja-dup-hackers)

On 24 March 2010 18:46, shahansad kollaparambath <shahansad gmail com> wrote:
> I just joined this community. and i am totally new to vala and gtk.

Hello and welcome!  :)

> I made a small change to MainWindow.vala. after that when i try
:snip:
> "make" gives following error
> ERROR: Valac compilation is disabled, but the C sources are out-of-date.
>
> How do i compile the source after i make a change to one of the .vala
> files.  ???

Always use make.  It does the right thing.  You got that error about
valac compilation being disabled because when you ran ./configure, you
didn't have the required version of valac (which I think is 0.7.9
these days).

I've written some documentation on how to get set up.  Following these
steps should work great:
http://live.gnome.org/DejaDup/GettingInvolved/Coding

-mt