RE: How to check which filters are installed?

Joe Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 08:49 +0200, Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
>> How can I check which filters are actually installed and used?
>
> There's no way to do this right now.  Almost everything in the Filters
> directory is built, so you can take a look at the Makefile.am in
> there to see which ones are built.
>
> I'd be happy to take a patch, though!
Let me check my itch ;-)

>> I have the impression that the contents of e.g. my pdf files are not
>> indexed, although I have installed pdfinfo.
>
> The PDF filter is always built in, so you should see an error in the
> logs if a file couldn't be indexed for some reason.
Mmmm. I did not see any remarks in the log files, but I cannot find any documents containing words as "JBoss" or my name, which are defiitely there.

>> An other example is that I have messages in the logfiles saying "No
>> filter for [zipfilename] (application/zip)". Does that mean that a
>> zip filter is not installed by default?
>
> Correct.  If you see that, then there is no filter available for that
> mime type.
Does that mean that there is no filter for zip files or is it just my (as-is) Debian installation?

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14