Re: External filter question

Hi D Bera,

Thanks a lot, that's it.

It should be fixed since external-filters is installed into
    /usr/local/etc/beagle
with "make install" but finally it is looking for it in
    /usr/local/etc
. Given that the prefix is /usr/local.

At least it should be consistent.

Kind regards,
  Stephan.

D Bera wrote:
Copy external-filters.xml to /usr/local/etc
Currently beagle is looking for external-filters.xml in sysconfdir, which I think for your case is /usr/local/etc. IMO, it should be fixed. external-filters.xml should be grabbed from sysconfdir/beagle or something like that.

Hi all,

1. I compiled a CVS snapshot this morning. Everything was fine,
    except that "beagle-extract-content" was not installed to
    /usr/local/bin. Did it manually.

2. I added an external-filters.xml file to /usr/local/etc/beagle:

---------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<external-filters>
<filter>
   <mimetype>text/x-tex</mimetype>
   <extension>.tex</extension>
   <command>untex</command>
   <arguments>-giso %s</arguments>
</filter>
</external-filters>
--------------

3. I've checked with beagle-extract-content:

[mahes]/home/steve/notes/Letters/ggg/letter.20060220:
beagle-extract-content --debug brief.tex
Filename: file:///home/steve/notes/Letters/ggg/letter.20060220/brief.tex
Debug: Loaded 39 filters from /usr/local/lib/beagle/Filters/Filters.dll
Debug: No filter for
/home/steve/notes/Letters/ggg/letter.20060220/brief.tex (text/x-tex)
No filter for text/x-tex

Hmm, somebody out there who was able to install an external filter
successfully ? Any idea how to debug this ?

Thanks for help & kind regards,
    Stephan.