Re: Kernel 2.6.16 idle scheduling

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 13:46 -0600, Pat Double wrote:
> I read about that. I do not know if the DoS is possible. Off the cuff I doubt
> it because this is a CPU priority, not an I/O priority. It only schedules CPU
> time to a process if the CPU is idle. So I do not see how it could block
> other processes, but then I'm not a kernel dev either. I'll look into it or
> ask on the mailing list.

Ah, you're right.  I misread the define and saw "IO" inside "PRIO" and
my brain fixated on that. :)

I actually think it could possibly have a similar problem though if the
scheduler never gave the process time if another one was pegging the
CPU.  Maybe Robert could shed a little light on this, he's the resident
kernel expert. :)