reason why beagle doesnt index

hi there again,

i just tested with beagle-extract-content what beagle gets from a file which is not in my index.

[Invalid UTF-8]
Cannot determine the text encoding for argument 1 ("file with some german umluats, didn't look nice;)").
Please add the correct encoding to MONO_EXTERNAL_ENCODINGS and try again.

first, shouldn't the user be informed about this?
second, should the wrong encoding of a file (from the view of beagle) name lead to not indexing the file at all? for me this doesnt make that much sense, but maybe i'm overseeing some important stuff :)

hope this is the reason why the files didn't get indexed.

thanks again for an answer
Andreas