Beagle and NFS

Hi list!

I'd like to ask if there are are any plans currently to make Beagle work
over NFS. As I understand it, as things stand right now, Beagle over NFS
is possible but not desirable, right? I've personally been really
interested in Beagle recently, but since I'm running NFS at home, it
hasn't really been on option.

I don't know if it helps, but I thought that it ought to be possible to
make Beagle work a bit like SGI's famd currently does over NFS, i.e.
having an instance of beagled running on the NFS server, and the locally
running instance of beagled relaying requests to it (famd uses Sun RPC
for this). Would this be a plausible way of making Beagle work over NFS?

Many thanks for your time!

Fredrik Tolf