indexing questions

Hi

I just got a 100G disk for my new thinkpad. So after trying out beagle I got this (crazy?) idea: Why not have all my photos (about 18000, each 500K in size) on my harddisk and have beagle help me find my way through them? However, I have a couple of questions:

1) Does beagle crawl symlinks?

2) What fields are indexed by beagle? My guess is that the exim field "description" would be the one to use for keywords, names of persons etc, is that the way to go?

3) I tried to "walk the dog" on my data partition (where the photos + lots of other stuff are) and after a while I got:

Maximum watch limit hit. Try adjusting /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches.
inotify_add_watch: No space left on device

Is this only happening when "walking the dog" or is something I should adjust no matter what? What's the tradeoff here, could I for instance set it to 100000 without getting into trouble? Right now it's 8192:

atte ajstrup:~$ cat /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches
8192

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte