Re: Evenly distributed indexes

Hey Lukas!

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 21:38 +0200, Lukas Lipka wrote:
> I have a bit of spare time the following week so I thougt I would do a
> little hacking after about a ~1.5 month pause. I will most likely try to
> get the new even distribution of indexes done, so I was wondering what
> is the status on it. Is there any work being done?

Welcome back.  I haven't started on this yet, so the task is yours if
you're up for the challenge. :)  Honestly I've been kind of dragging my
feet on this one until we see how Max's metadata work turns out.  While
there could be some overlap here and some conflict merging to work out,
I don't see any reason why it'd be insurmountable.

Since this is such a radical change to the way indexing works, I'd like
to see it done on a branch first and then merged into the trunk when
we're ready.  Or you could do it outside of CVS altogether (lately I've
been fairly enamored with git).

Feel free to grab me on IM and we can talk about it in more detail if
you want, or email.