Re: external-filters not working

> So, yes, sysconfdir is set to /usr/etc, which is bad, at least on a

oh ... so thats a bug ?
I never understood the millions of path_prefix
configure supports (prefix, exec_prefix, sysconfdir and more) and my
sysconfdir defaults to $prefix/etc, so I always use
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc ...

> BTW, Is here an easy way to check whether beagle would index a file?
> Something like
>         beagle-file-info foo.tex

To check if beagle "would" index a file ?
 - you can use
$ beagle-extract-content /path/to/file
 - it would even tell you what filter would be used and what contents
will be extracted

To check if beagle indexed some particular file,
$ beagle-dump-index /path/to/file
(not sure if tarballs contain beagle-dump-index, its more of a
debugging tool and is in cvs; also i dont remember the parameter
syntax of beagle-dump-index)

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com