Re: beagle-crawl-system hangs at bash login

> eval nice -n 19 $IONICE su $CRAWL_USER -s /bin/bash -c \"
> MONO_SHARED_DIR=$MONO_SHARED_DIR @sbindir@/beagle-build-index --target
> @localstatedir@/cache/beagle/indexes/$CRAWL_INDEX_NAME $OPTIONS
> $CRAWL_PATHS\" > /dev/null 2>&1
>
> According to the su manpage, the options are supposed to come before the user
> name, here it is after. All I get is a bash login prompt when I remove

If you move the username all the way after -c "...", does it work for you ?
Just curious, which distribution are you using ?

> the "/dev/null 2>&1". If I change the beagleindex shell to /bin/false, it
> returns immediately. So the shell option isn't taking effect. I changed to
> this:
>
> eval nice -n 19 $IONICE su -s @sbindir@/beagle-build-index $CRAWL_USER
> \"--target @localstatedir@/cache/beagle/indexes/$CRAWL_INDEX_NAME $OPTIONS
> $CRAWL_PATHS\" > /dev/null 2>&1
>
> and it works regardless of the shell I have set in /etc/password for
> beagleindex. I moved the "-s" option to before the user name and am using
> @sbindir@/beagle-build-index for the shell directly, instead of calling bash.
> I also had to export MONO_SHARED_DIR which I think is cleaner.

su has some reservations on exporting variables. The few times I
tried, exporting mono-shared-dir didnt work for me.

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com