Re: Thunderbird Backend

Kevin Kubasik wrote:
Super awesome!! I had an almost-working backend but did little with
mork. Im in disney world sans laptop for the rest of the week, (wap on
phone) but i had an almost- complete imap url scheme implementation.
When i get back i'll post it to the list. (it doesn't handle
sub-folders yet but that should be an easy addition)

-kevin kubasik

Actually, I have an "almost" working scheme in my implementation atm. I just tried some more and I think I've actually figured it out:

imap://<server>:<port>/fetch%3EUID%3E.INBOX<.SUBFOLDER>%3E<mail id>

I've tried this with an IMAP account I have and it seems to work. The only problem is that you need to login and actually download the message, even when it's stored on your hard drive.

Even though "%3E" means ">", don't try to translate it that way because it won't work. The dot seems to represent a separator of some kind. The URL to an email can be revealed by pressing ctrl+u when reading a mail or selecting View->Message Source (check the title bar).

Thanks!

Pierre