Re: Inital Deb Filter

> Hey, I can file this in the bugzilla if that's a better place. Just
> looking for a little feedback.
Thats always a better place.

> > ar archive format. So dpkg-deb it was. If anyone can think of a property
You are catching both stdout and stderr - make sure you dont insert
anything from stderr.

> > Also, is there a major objection to just adding the Description field as
> > text? and furthermore, is it ok that this happens in DoPullProperties()?
The description is not really the text content. Its a mere property of
the deb-file. In fact deb-file doesnt have any text content. Besides
the semantics, "text" properties cannot be retrieved i.e. it wont be
possible to show the description in a search result in beagle-search.

Replace non-searchable keywords (which would include most keywords) as
NewUnsearched (look at any of the commits yesterday).

And there are some style issues, consult HACKING.

Just my initial opinions,

Debajyoti Bera @ http://dbera.blogspot.com