Re: System.NullReferenceException Beagle CVS

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 09:12 -0400, D Bera wrote:
> (Realized that the email exchanges below werent sent to mailing-list by mistake)

Hi!

What do you mean with unexpected shutdown. Do I have to use
beagle-shutdown all the time or is logging out sufficient?

Gregor

> Cheers,
> Kevin Kubasik
>
> On 9/16/05, D Bera <dbera web gmail com> wrote:
> > I had a similar problem and the solution for me was to delete .beagle directory.
> >
> > On 9/8/05, Kevin Kubasik <kevin kubasik net> wrote:
> > > The first line more or less explains it, any query that can query
> > > files throws this, and shows no files as results. I am going to let
> > > the daemon keep running and see if perhaps this is just some odd error
> > > in the index, but it doesn't read as such.
> > >
> > > I can supply more information about the system on request, but the basics are
> > > Linux igloo 2.6.13-rc3 #1 SMP Wed Jul 27 20:44:14 EDT 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
> > > with inotify and xattr working great
> > > and debian unstable, with gmime 2.16, evolution-sharp 0.10.1 and svn gsf-sharp
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Kevin Kubasik
> > >
> > > WARN: Caught exception calling DoQuery on 'Files'
> > > WARN: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an
> > > instance of an object
> > > in <0x0068f> Beagle.Daemon.FileSystemQueryable.FileNameFilter:Ignore
> > > (Beagle.Daemon.FileSystemQueryable.DirectoryModel parent,
> > > System.String name, Boolean is_directory)
> > > in <0x000f7> Beagle.Daemon.FileSystemQueryable.FileSystemQueryable:HitFilter
> > > (Beagle.Hit hit)
> > > in (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.MulticastDelegate:invoke_bool_Hit
> > > (Beagle.Hit)
> > > in <0x00c53> Beagle.Daemon.LuceneQueryingDriver:GenerateQueryResults
> > > (Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader primary_reader,
> > > Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher primary_searcher,
> > > Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher secondary_searcher,
> > > Beagle.Util.BetterBitArray primary_matches, IQueryResult result,
> > > ICollection query_term_list, Int32 max_results, DateTime min_date,
> > > DateTime max_date, Beagle.Daemon.UriFilter uri_filter,
> > > Beagle.Daemon.HitFilter hit_filter)
> > > in <0x00a00> Beagle.Daemon.LuceneQueryingDriver:DoQuery (Beagle.Query
> > > query, IQueryResult result, ICollection search_subset_uris,
> > > Beagle.Daemon.UriFilter uri_filter, Beagle.Daemon.HitFilter
> > > hit_filter)
> > > in <0x0009f> Beagle.Daemon.LuceneQueryable:DoQuery (Beagle.Query
> > > query, IQueryResult query_result, IQueryableChangeData i_change_data)
> > > in <0x0002a> Beagle.Daemon.Queryable:DoQuery (Beagle.Query query,
> > > IQueryResult result, IQueryableChangeData change_data)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kevin Kubasik
> > > 240-838-6616

Dipl.-Ing. Gregor Hlawacek  --  http://www.unileoben.ac.at/~hlawacek
8700 Leoben, Austria
                penguin         eating fish
                        travelling      being noisy
        GPG ID: FBCDF36E
GPG Finger Print: 1AA0 DC5C 186F 6144 01F0  8FB2 7ABD D7FB FBCD F36E