Re: ionice plans for Beagle on newer kernels?

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 11:50:45AM +0200, Albert Vilella wrote:
> Dears,
>
> By means of Robert Love's blog, I found that the "ionice" tool is going
> to be part of all the official kernels from now on (2.10.14?).
>
> I wonder if there are plans for Beagle deamon to somewhat be "ionice -n
> 19"ed on kernels that have the "ionice" tool available, or if that will
> be something useful whatsoever.

 Beagle already ionice itself (grep for ioprio).
Unfortunately vanilla kernel doesn't allow  non-root processess to set self
priority to idle, due some priority-inheritance problems.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 Morality must always be based on practicality.
zdzichu irc -nie spam- pl                -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen