problems with indexing

Hi all!

Now that beagle-0.1.1 hit Debian/unstable I gave it another try. Here
are my problems:

I started beagled with export BEAGLE_EXERCISE_THE_DOG=1, and looked at
the ouput. Unfortunately there have been quite some errors:

DEBUG: Caught ResponseMessageException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ERROR: Exception limit exceeded trying to activate a helper.  Giving up on indexing!
ERROR: Something terrible happened --- Flush failed

Furthermore, I cannot find *any* of my text files indexed! I thought
that plain text files *are* indexed?! At least in my beagled
--list-backends there is a "Files" entry.

Also all the PDF files are not indexed. In fact it seems that only
Evolution emails and the normal Mail folder is indexed (I don't use the
rest).

Furthermore, I couldn't find any comment on TeX files indexing. I would
like to have TeX files treated like normal text files (and both should
be indexed). I guess all the extensions: .tex, .sty, .cls, .clo, etc
would fall into this category.

So to sum up: It seems that the Files backend is severely broken or
unusable at all. Is there any chance of this getting fixed? Or do I miss
something? (beagle-settings are set to index all my home dir.)

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at43 tuwien ac at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
POLPERRO (n.)
A polperro is the ball, or muff, of soggy hair found clinging to bath
overflow-holes.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff